Some reasons why I won’t be voting UKIP…
- Disengaging from the EU will ruin our economy.
- Their environmental policy is wrong.
- They have no experience and are not a real party.
- They are in close alliance with numerous distasteful extremist parties in other European countries. I’m not saying you can always judge a person or set of people by the company they keep… but it’s a fair guide.
- It has been infiltrated by BNP members and other nutters.
- UKIP councillors and spokespeople seem bizarrely thin-skinned, almost to the point of pansy-ism and this doesn’t augur well for the future.
- Some of my best friends are foreign, and for some strange reason the best looking women all seem to be foreign too, so I certainly have little time for a party that wants to remove these people from my life. In fact the mere suggestion makes me very aggressively defensive and I don’t like feeling that way.
All these reasons are important to me, but #7 is the main one because it’s personal.